It’s Friday, that’s for certain.
But it’s about the only certainty we face at the moment.
This weeks “5 Minute Coronavirus Break” looks at how we can help and some of the lighter elements in the crazy world we find ourselves grappling with.
Don’t forget. Things will get better.
Key now is to protect family, friends, colleagues and the wider community.
Focus on how and where you can secure your business.
Prepare yourself and your team for the demand (and party) to come.
CTO Academy are here to help where we can.
More importantly we send out our best wishes to you and yours.
Andrew, Jason and The CTO Academy Team
Most of us are currently in a phase of crisis management and business contingency planning. If you’d like to run your thoughts past one of our CTO mentors or just get a sense check that you’re on the right path and not completely isolated in your decision making, we’re offering FREE ‘crisis’ mentoring sessions.
You can book a session HERE
We’re also keen to understand your primary concerns and to share any key patterns and insight across the wider CTO Academy community.
We’ve set up a quickfire tech leaders survey that we’d love you to complete – will take 5 mins and all information is confidential.
We’ve already received a good number of responses from tech leaders around the world and once we’ve gathered enough data we will share our findings.
You can take the survey HERE
You’ve probably had enough of articles advising you about how to best WFH [most of our community are familiar with the concept] but this GIF caught our eye and we thought the article was worth adding just for that reason.Read Here
Here in Madrid I have been in Lockdown all week. My morning schedule has fallen into familiar routine …
1. Wake early due to the sound of no traffic
2. Choose which new T-shirt to wear with these shorts
3. Make sure I turn on slack before colleagues
4. Look at Twitter
5. Retire back to bed with coffee and coco pops
6. Living room exercises, stretches and waving to those doing same in flat opposite
7. Look at Twitter
8. Check our analytics, emails, social media
9. Look at Twitter again
10. Avoid shaving so rest of team in non-lockdown witness obvious hardships I’m enduring
11. Team stand up where no-one comments on my lockdown hardships
12. Go to supermarket and thank staff for being amazing in keeping the shelves stocked
13. Curse those who woke up earlier and stole all the toilet roll.
14. Vow not to look at Twitter again
15. Look at Twitter again
16. Set six year old gentle home schooling schedule and list of tasks
17. Set myself tough schedule and list of tasks.
18. Properly start my day …
One of our constant mantras in normal times, is for leaders and managers to carve out the time and space needed to read and learn.
With enforced isolation for many of us, there really is no excuse now!
If it helps, here are some of the leadership and business books I’ve most enjoyed and achieved genuine insight from …
1. Flow: The Psychology Of Optimal Experience
2. Lean Start Up
3. Crossing The Chasm
4. The Snowball: Warren Buffet and Business of Life
5. First, Break All The Rules
90 Things You Need To Know To Become an Effective CTO
The Digital MBA for Technology Leaders has been formally recognized and certified by the Continuing Professional Development Certification Service (CPDUK) as “conforming to continuing professional development principles”, recognizing both the high standard of professional training and exceptional value being delivered by this course to technology leaders seeking to advance their careers.
A part-time CTO is a technology expert who works on a part-time or consulting basis for a company. The aim is to develop and implement the company’s technology strategy and oversee all aspects of its technology operations and product development.
Generally speaking, the role of a chief technology officer involves strategic management and execution of technology initiatives within an organization. It is, therefore, pivotal in shaping and implementing the technology roadmap while aligning it with the company’s overall goals and vision. What enables tech leaders to drive innovation, oversee development and infrastructure, ensure data security … Read more
2nd Floor, 20 St Thomas St, SE1 9RS
Avenida de Brasil, 17, 1ª, 28020
Copyright © 2023 - CTO Academy Ltd